Conquering the world with languages –
learning German at GIST!
At GIST, our students join us from Germany and from around the world. As a partner in the network of 140 German Schools Abroad, it is our clear promise to quality that all of our students learn the German language at GIST with confidence and enjoyment.
We address the following questions for you:
- Can my child attend GIST even if she or he does not speak German?
- What support will my child receive, even if we do not speak German at home?
- Will my child be able to participate successfully in class without knowing German?
- What support will my child receive if she or he already speaks well, but still needs help learning grammatical skills?
- How does the GIST team encourage an active use of the German language?
- My child enjoys using the German language and needs more challenges. What support can the GIST offer?
At our school, we offer the appropriate German language program for each child, responding to the very individual language skills of our students.
At GIST we work with a “three-step program” that
- introduces your child intensively and reliably to German (Step 1: GermanFASTTRACK),
- constantly expands and develops language development (Step 2: GermanPLUS),
- and addresses additional language challenges (Step 3: GermanPRO).