Our Application Process
prepare following documents:
1) GIST Application Form - Please Download to View
2) Two recent report cards (if applicable)
3) Copy of your child/children’s birth certificate(s)
4) Payment of Registration Fee of $150 per applying student (cheque made out to “German International School Toronto” or "Deutsche Schule Toronto")
1) Submit the above stated documents to the GIST, either per email or mail to the following address: German International School Toronto, Admissions Office: 980 Dufferin Street, Main Floor. Toronto, ON, M6H 4B4
2) The Administration Team will contact you to confirm receipt of the application.
3) The application will be reviewed by the Principal and the Administration Team.
4) You will be contacted by the GIST Business Manager for further information or to confirm approval of the application.
We have a year-round admissions policy with no firm deadline for enrollment. While the majority of enrollments take place in March/April for the following academic year, we are also able to admit students throughout the year.
In an effort to keep the highest quality standards and thereby the student/teacher ratio low, places may be limited. This especially applies to our Kindergarten enrollment. In particular, places in the Pre-Kindergarten program are limited to five and there may be a waiting list.
- Applicants for our Pre-Kindergarten program must turn three years of age by December 31 of the year they will enroll.
- Applicants for our Kindergarten program must be completely toilet-trained by the time they enter the Kindergarten class.
- Applicants to Grade 3 and higher should demonstrate a good understanding of the German language (please contact the Administration Team if you have questions regarding the language requirements)